Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Future is HERE!

I don't watch cable, I TiVo my shows and use Netflix. I don't listen to local radio, I use Internet Radio and Pandora. I don't watch the news or read the paper, I get my news from all the major news networks iPhone apps and a few blogs. I get my restaurant reviews from an app called Yelp, movie reviews and times from an app called Flixter. I text message people about 10x more then I call them. I keep in contact with just about everyone I want to and more on Facebook. If I choose to look at them I will Skype em. If I want to know anything I will "Google It". If I need a step by step guide on how to set something up or tear something apart, I will "YouTube It".... And I am not alone! The future is here!

1 comment:

  1. That is so true.

    I hardly ever watch TV unless its something on my DVR. I cant stand commercials and love being able to fast forward through them.

    I very rarely use my phone as a phone unless the wife calls me. Other than that its apps like Google, Maps, Flixster, TweetDeck, Foursquare and Facebook.

    I get my news and info in just about the same way you mention. Following news organizations on Twitter and Facebook or through RSS feeds is so much faster and easier for me than picking up a newspaper or sitting in front of the TV waiting for the news to come on. Especially when all the news they have to report is something that's already online hours before.

    ReplyDelete